I found another delicious way to use DoTerra essential oils in the kitchen! This time, it’s in a super easy, super flavorful cookie. We are huge lemon fans (and huge cookie fans) around here, so I knew these DoTerra Lemon Crinkle Cookies would be a huge hit. These are a perfect after-school snack!
DoTerra Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 Drops DoTerra Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling the cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or use silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add egg, zest, juice, DoTerra lemon oil, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in the dry ingredients except for the powdered sugar.
- Form balls using a heaping teaspoon of dough. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and place on the cookie sheet. Don’t overcrowd as they cookies spread when baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops don’t look shiny any more.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooking rack.
We shared these with friends, and they were gobbled up! If you are looking for a fresh twist on a classic sugar cookie, give these DoTerra Lemon Crinkle Cookies a try. YUM!
Share This Post!