We are definitely carnivores. Even our children expect meat at just about every dinner. And there is nothing I love more than awesome steak grilled to perfection. My hubs is the grill master around here. He has a fancy charcoal grill with a self-lighting mechanism that is so fantastic. And I can grill if I need to, but hubs is the master. My area of expertise usually involves preparing the meat for the grill. Whether it’s kabobs, filets, fish, or flank steak, I have love concocting great marinades to suit each meat. Here is a recipe for the best steak marinade EVER.
The Best Steak Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Steak of your choice – our favorite is flank steak for this particular marinade but ANY cut is delicious.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a gallon-size Ziplock bag. Squish the ingredients around until the honey is thoroughly mixed in with the rest of the ingredients (no dishes! Yay!)
- Add the meat to the bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The longer the meat sits in the marinade, the more flavorful it will be. I usually get this all situated mid-morning so the meat soaks for a good 5 hours or so.
- Heat your grill to medium-high. We use charcoal so there is no temperature setting. Remove the meat from the marinade and salt and pepper it liberally.
- Grill over direct heat to desired doneness. For flank steak, we try for six minutes per side. Remove from heat and let the meat rest for about ten minutes so the juices redistribute.
- We can get two meals out of one flank steak for our family of five. I serve it with a green veggie and a salad the first night, and then as a steak salad full of fresh veggies and feta with the leftovers.
If you are looking for a sure-fire way to grill AMAZING steak, this is the best steak marinade you will find. Hope you get the chance to give it a try!
Share This Post!